Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day Two: The Conversation Gets Passionate

The first 18 measures that I practiced yesterday are the beginning of the bride/groom dialog in this section.  The next 16 measures that I practiced this morning are the most passionate part of that encounter.  Although it starts a bit muted, it picks up a bit of intensity through this part.  I sort of think of this part as them both really looking deeply into each others eyes and telling each other how much they truly love each other and are so very happy that this day is finally here to start the rest of their lives together.  I know, I'm being a bit sappy here, but when you listen to this, you will understand.  I may have to post a recording of the completed section at the end of this week, just to give you a better understanding.

Anyway, this particular section takes a bit more out of me to re-learn, so I may spend tomorrow on it as well before moving onto the final measures of this section (which are essentially a repeat of the first 18 measures with a couple of extra flourishes thrown in).

No comments:

Post a Comment