Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 92: Back To Debussy

Well, I still have some polishing up and just a handful of measures left on Maple Leaf Rag and it is going a little slower than I would like, so I am breaking away from it for a little bit to start up Clair de Lune. This is probably Debussy's most recognizable work and is oft requested from people who know I once played it.  I am very excited about having this piece back in my repertoire!

I can play the first couple of pages of this piece still, but I am missing some notes (not hitting wrong notes, just missing all the notes in some chords).  Not sure if I want to make and post a starting video for this one.  We'll see.  I will more than likely just start from the beginning in this piece.  There will be lots and lots of musical notation to discuss on here in the coming days!!!  At day 92 out of an 150 allotted for the five pieces I have or am relearning, I'm doing pretty well to be moving on to the last piece with only a bit of polishing to be done on Maple Leaf Rag.  When I wrap up Clair de Lune, I do intend to perform a piece or two of what I've learned in a local church during worship.  I will also be moving on to those other pieces I selected a few weeks ago (http://suzukibedamned.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-64-line-up-for-new-pieces.html).  I don't expect these new pieces to take the rest of the year or so I have scheduled for my entire project, so at some point I will be selecting more pieces to learn (in addition to devoting more time to music theory since I DO finally have a textbook).

No comments:

Post a Comment